Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving upon us tomorrow, it is time to remember all of the people and things in our life that we are thankful for. As cliche as it sounds, I am thankful for my family and friends. Without each and every one of you I would never have made it where I am today.

Today, I am taking a breather from all the forms I have been filling out and phone calls I have been making to arrange my departure for Seattle at the beginning of January. Yes, it is true. I was accepted to Seattle University for this winter quarter. Classes start January 3, which is much closer than I thought. I have just found out today that I will be able to get the studio apartment I wanted just a block away from campus. The biggest perk in my mind is that I have my own washer and dryer. Such a little thing to be excited about, but I have an irrational concern about my clothes being stolen from public laundromats. Much like my fear of riding BART alone, I am sure I will be forced to overcome that eventually, but it is nice not to have to fret about it while I settle in.

Still so much to do before I am ready to start at Seattle, but it is nice to take these next few days to spend time with all the people I love. If I do not have a chance to see you this holiday weekend then I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving filled with delicious food and good company.

For future reference, I have a few friends who have asked me to start a blog of my adventure in Seattle. I will not start it until I am up there, but I promise to post the link on my Facebook as well as this blog in case any one is interested. I personally doubt my life will be that fascinating, but I suppose it will motivate me to get out and explore instead of just remaining cooped up studying 24/7.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jenny. Seattle is a fabulous city-just make sure to ask Santa for a pair of rain boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already on it. I have rain boots, an umbrella, and a very stylish rain coat. I'm set. Plus I have invested in LOTS of layers.

    ReplyDelete